The forum is now being hosted on a new server and working correctly again! Next step; the game!!
For everyone: I hope everyone is stay safe and healthy through the times of the COVID-19 pandemic. I know that is something my family and I are doing as well here.

June 2021 - Game Development Update

Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is staying safe and keeping healthy. I wanted to give everyone an update on where we are with the game. It has been a slow progression, I know, and apologizes. But there were some other matters, outside the game, that have been taking priority for the time, limiting time to develop the game here. But don't worry as the project is not dead, but close to get you all in.

I also want to take the time to welcome everyone who has been joining the forums and hopefully interested in playing the game as well. I do want to let everyone know that it is its own game. I am not trying to remake Trukz (it's been so long, I do not even remember the functionality of it was anyways) nor TruckingSim. But I do welcome all community members from those to games to join as well as anyone interested in this game alone. LogisticsSim is a big project that I have been wanting to do for years. My goal with this project is not to just build the game, but to give the communities of the past games a place to continue and grow.

Now the game! As mentioned in one of my recent posts, I have upgraded some of the code that is being used for the game itself. Here is the link if you are interested: https://forum.logisticssimonline.com/discussion/comment/51/#Comment_51 Now, the worst-case scenario did occur (and I was thinking it would) as the upgrades were "major upgrades" which typically means "Feature Breaking"; and it did. So, I am going through every page and feature of the game, fixing the bugs, and making sure it is functioning properly again. But the upgrade needed to be done and glad I did it now instead of later (making the development of additional features after release very slow). So, I will be finishing that up and then working on a few final pages!

Another thing I do want to discuss quick deals with money. Oh boy, it got brought up. I want to tell you first, that you will not need to pay to play. So, please do not worry about that. But I will be, later in the development, adding the ability to pay a monthly subscription to help the game and community, and then in return, you will get a couple of perks (and the perk list will grow as the game is further developed). This would be an optional form available for those interested in "contributing" to the project if you want to. Now I do not use the word "donating" for reasons I will not discuss in the announcement. But I do want to hear your feedback. So feel free to through some comments in the Game Ideas & Suggestions channel: https://forum.logisticssimonline.com/categories/game-ideas-suggestions

I will be posting additional information soon as we get ready for testing, so stay tuned. But for now, thank you all for your patience and support! We are almost there!!

~ Pete The Admin

This discussion has been closed.